Thursday, October 22, 2009

Texture

I love,love, love natural wallcoverings like grasscloths, hemps, silks, and linens. They add texture, warmth and interest to any room. My favorite natural textured wallcovering company is Phillip Jeffries Ltd. Their handcrafted wallcoverings are to die for!!


From the moment I laid eyes on this bedroom designed by Meg Braff in the October issue of House Beautiful, I was in love. Braff covered the walls in Phillip Jeffries' Manilla Hemp in Kelly Green, and what a statement these walls make! The texture and color are so scrumptous! She balances out the intensity of the walls with all white furniture. The combination of kelly green and white just makes me smile. You gotta love the Jacqui desk and Chloe armchair from Bungalow 5.

One of my favorite collections from Phillip Jeffries is the Voyage Collection. This collection of hand-screen, printed designs come on hemp, linen, Japanese Paper weave and jute wallcoverings. They are AWESOME and would make such a statement in a foyer or powder room!!


*images from House Beautiful and http://www.phillipjeffries.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment