Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lanterns on a budget

One of the many projects that we have been doing to the exterior of our home is replacing a hanging lantern on the front porch with 2 wall lanterns on either side of the front door. I originally wanted this lantern below, The Charleston Lantern, from Carolina Lanterns (minus the bottom scroll), but they were a little out of our price range. They are beautiful and of course, handcrafted but since we are working on a tight budget, I had to find an alternative. So, I went to Vinings Lighting and with the help of Jennifer Bell, I found this lantern below for half the price of the Carolina Lantern. I think it's pretty darn good looking and now I can use the money I saved to beautify the inside of my house (or pay for diapers). I'm getting them in an antique bronze finish. They're coming in tomorrow and the electrician is coming on Monday to install. I'll keep you posted!!Also, stay tuned tomorrow for pics of the exterior paint job! The painters have been busy working all day and it's really looking good. I can't wait to share the 'After' pics with y'all!!!

**Reg and I are hitting up the Grand Opening party of 'Scout for the Home' tonight! My good friend Nancy Duffey (formerly the lead interior designer for Summerour and Associates) is opening up this AWESOME home decor store located on East Andrews right behind Pieces. I'll be sure to take lots of pics. Can't wait!**

No comments:

Post a Comment