Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wow!


I love this image from Cottage Living. There is SO much going on yet the symmetry seems to balance it all out....kind of controlled chaos. Sissy's, from Blue Hydgangea, post yesterday about pairs got me thinking "do I favor symmetry or do I like more of a random method of decorating?". I definitely favor symmetry, but I love how this image has both symmetry and randomness....a pair of chairs and lamps, the plates are symmetrical but the arrangement is so surprising and random that it stops you in your tracks, the tablescape and benches and basket under the table are random. Achieving this mix between symmetry and randomness takes talent...I wish I knew who the designer was! I would like a lesson or two from him/her.

3 comments:

  1. I saw this image on my blog roll (next to your blog), and rushed right over. Whenever an image looks that fabulous in a thumbnail, you know it is going to be even greater full size! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing these giant shells around quite a bit..., and just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog through BH. It's great! I'll be back often...

    ReplyDelete