Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Phenomenal weekend!

If I could use one word to describe our weekend in Sea Island, Georgia at the Cloister, it would be...PHENOMENAL! Reg and I both grew up going to Sea Island and have visited many times with friends, but we made a special trip down there this past weekend for my dear friend Natalie's wedding and stayed at The Cloister (a first for both of us). We got a great deal on our room, and even though it was still out of our price range, we decided to splurge. I will say this that it was worth every penny. Sea Island has undergone a complete renovation over the past 5 years and the new hotel, beach club, and spa are phenomenal! My pics from the weekend are terrible and don't give ANYTHING justice, but I still wanted to share them with you. I need to sign up for a photography class and get a new camera asap!


The bride and her mother both in Oscar De La Renta. Both girls look gorgeous and the gowns are PHENOMENAL!!



I love the bridesmaid's dresses too! I think this is actually a bridesmaids dress that you could wear again....phenomenal.



Here are the bride and groom as they entered the reception. The reception was at the beach club and everything was phenomenal! The tent was draped with fabric and had 3 beautiful chandeliers, the flowers were gorgeous and the food was sooo yummy.



This is a sitting area right as you walk in the beach club. I love the furniture and fabrics....so chic. It's not ANYTHING like the old beach club that we grew up going to which was just old school and classic, but the new chic look has grown on me.


The pic makes me want to cry because it didn't turn out :(. It is the only family pic we have from the weekend and it would have been a super cute one. I hate my camera!



All the Oaks with moss hanging down from them are soooo romantic and beautiful...they are the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Sea Island. They are all over the property and line Sea Island drive.



This is the walkway to the spa and fitness center. It was my first time seeing these facilities and they are phenomenal! No detail is overlooked!



So serene!




This little chapel is tucked away next the hotel and is so cute. I never knew it was there and I'm so glad we stumbled upon it.



Once again, it is phenomenal :)!



Daddy's little girl checking out The Cloister!



Our room was PHENOMENAL...we felt like we were on our second honeymoon, minus the little bugaboo. The room was pretty fru-fru which isn't really my taste, but it was still beautiful. Check out Annie sitting on the sofa.



I love the painted ceiling with the wood beams...phenomenal.


Annie boo snuggled up on the bed.


Our little porch had a beautiful view of the marsh.




This was our first trip with just the three of us and we will never forget it!!I just love our little family so much....life is phenomenal!

No comments:

Post a Comment