Monday, August 17, 2009

Spontaneity



I LOVE Bunny William's room at the 2009 Kips Bay showhouse featured in the August issue of House Beautiful. Bunny used furniture from her BeeLine home collection and threw in a red Egg chair from Design Within Reach. In the article Douglass Brenner asked Bunny, "That red chair throws it off, doesn't it?". She replied, "Somebody asked me why I put it there and I said, 'Because I just felt like it.' The eye is connected to the heart and soul. Rooms should have spontaneity. Nothing quite matches but it blends." I agree with Bunny (I love calling her Bunny like she is my BFF), rooms should have spontaneity. We should all push ourselves to think outside of the lines and not be so by the book when decorating. Here are a few rooms with some spontaneity...


I love how Elizabeth Martin incorporated the hot pink moroccan poufs. So fun!
Elle Decor

In this living room designed by Miles Redd, the orange coffee table and skirted desk really make the room pop!
House Beautiful
These yellow chairs brighten up the room.
Elle Decor

Jonathan Berger used hot pink accents to give this family room a little flare.
House Beautiful

P.S.-
THANK YOU to Blue Hydrangea and The Newlywed Diaries for featuring The Buzz on their blogs last week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment