Monday, August 24, 2009

Blue

I was a bridesmaid in one of my best friend's weddings this past weekend. Everything was perfect and the bride looked absolutely beautiful! As you can see from the pic below the bridesmaids dresses were BLUE...I guess you'd call it a cornflower blue. Blue is one of my favorite colors (I go back and forth between blue and green). I love the color blue because there are so many different shades and each shade can provoke a different feel for a room. What is your favorite shade of blue?? I tend to lean towards a more pale blue or green/blue which I find very calming.

Annie boo and the blue bridesmaids
Me with the Beautiful Bride...isn't her dress gorgeous?!
Peacock Blue
Allan Reyes, Metropolitan Home

I love the range of blues in this room designed by Phoebe Hoard, from the headboard to the lamp, and the blues in the coral prints.

Vibrant Turquoise Blue
House Beautiful

Benjamin Moore- November Skies
Mary McDonald, Domino

Navy Blue
Domino

Benjamin Moore- Marylin's Dress
House Beautiful
Benjamin Moore- Blue Seafoam
Margaret Brunelle Fooshe, House Beautiful
Benjamin Moore- Bold Blue Mary McDonald, Domino
My living room walls are painted in Sherwin Williams-Sea Salt. This room has been completely neglected and needs lamps, pillows, a rug, window treatments...the list goes on and on BUT I do love the blue walls!

3 comments:

  1. I love your bridesmaids' dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi came over here from another blog because I saw the picture and I thought, "I think I just wore that dress!" Sure enough, I wore the same bridesmaid dress a little while ago. Love the blog! Love blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that sea salt color at the Christmas showhouse!

    ReplyDelete